With the current resurgence of interest in the "retro" technology and particularly in single-ended retro technology, the matter of sufficient drive power for modern loudspeakers becomes a very real problem. We came to the conclusion that the market needed one 'BIG BOY' single-ended amplifier.
The 150 / 75 SE/PP 807 MONOBLOCKS can switch from either 75 watts in single-ended to 150 watts in push-pull. The 807 tube was chosen for good reasons: easy availability and high reliability, but mainly for its glorious sound in its (intended design parameter) triode-strapped configuration. We chose 8 of them in parallel as the output stage which presents a favorably low anode impedance to the very special MANLEY output transformer which in turn provides a very low impedance drive to the loudspeaker and a much higher damping factor than other single-ended designs. Single-ended detail with high-power brawn. You won't run out of power with this amplifier.
Get the owner's manual for the Manley 150 / 75 SE / PP 807 Monoblocks.
Features and Specifications
Manley 150 / 75 SE / PP 807 Monoblocks:
- Single-Ended: 72 watts
- Push-Pull: 150 watts
- Frequency Response @ +-1 dB
- Single-Ended: 18 Hz - 20 KHz
- Push-Pull: 10 Hz - 50 KHz
- Input Sensitivity: lV nominal
- Input Impedance: 40 kOhm
- S/N ratio: Typically 86 dB
- Noise floor: -76 dB (10Hz-30KHz)
- Dynamic Range: 107dB
- Power Consumption: 250 Watts
- Factory set for 100V, 120V or 220-240VAC operation for original destination country's mains voltage.
- Operating Mains Voltage changeable with power transformer rewiring and fuse value change.
- Mains Voltage Frequency:
- Dimensions: W=19", D=13", H=8"
- Shipping weight: 75 lbs. each
Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price
- Manley Manley Purist Preamplifier Original Retail Price: $8,600 clams (USD $) per pair