Our entry level model, the (line-only) Manley Purist Preamplifier sets the pace with many of the features common to all our preamplifiers. This preamp is extra flexible in the gain control section. The "Volume" control attenuates the incoming signal level while the "GAIN" switch sets overall gain of the input stage by switching the first cathode resistor. But our favourite knobs are definitely the individual "Balance" controls which adjust the negative feedback. For more information about variable feedback, read "Notes on Negative Feedback".
|We built this 24K Gold Plated Version for awhile...
Get the owner's manual for the Manley Purist Preamplifier.
Features and Specifications
Manley Purist Preamplifier:
- Vacuum tubes: 2 x 5751, & 2 X 6414
- Input Impedance: 100 kOhm
- Output impedance: 50 Ohms
- Freq. Response: 10 Hz - 80 KHz
- S/N ratio: typically 95 dB A WGT 20-20K
- Power consumption: 33 Watts (275mA @ 120VAC)
- Gain with FB @MIN: H=16, M=12, L=10dB
- Gain with FB @MAX: H=25. M=22, L=19dB
- Noise Floor: typically -70 dB
- Five line level inputs
- MUTE switch
- Balanced XLR & Unbalanced RCA main outs
- Precision Stepped volume control
- Record Output
- Factory set for 100V, 120V or 220-240VAC operation for original destination country's mains voltage. Power transformer must be replaced in order to change mains operating voltage. 120VAC units may NOT be rewired to put the primaries of the power transformer in series for 220-240V operation or a large radiated field of hum will develop. If changing locations/voltages, the power transformer must be replaced with one dedicated to the voltage at which it will operate.
- Mains Voltage Frequency:
- Dimensions: W=19", D=11", H=3 1/2"
- Shipping weight: 13 lbs.
Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price
- Manley Manley Purist Preamplifier Original Retail Price: $1,650 clams (USD $) each