Introducing the Manley CORE®, an innovative channel strip that combines Manley's Greatest Hits with fresh technology. Built upon a 25-year legacy producing revered recording studio equipment for top recording engineers and musicians, Manley Labs has combined its CORE technologies to give you maximum flexibility at an affordable price. The COREs strength flows from its Class A high-voltage tube micpre and ELOP Compressor, into its sweep able mid EQ with high and low shelves, and is focused by a fast brick-wall FET limiter. An intuitive front panel layout allows you to concentrate on creativity instead of being lost in a sea of knobs. Easy to use, musical and forgiving, the CORE makes it easier than ever to cut a great sounding track.
Manley’s experience and insight working with the industry’s top recording engineers and musicians culminates in the CORE. At this price, there is no other channel-strip with higher headroom or more seductive sound than the CORE. Handcrafted in the USA, built like a tank, built to endure, the epicenter of your recorded art will be the Manley CORE.
MIC and LINE PREAMPLIFIER:
The signal enters through our renowned hand-wound MANLEY IRON® input transformer with nickel laminations in a mu-metal can. The tube amplifying stage is the latest implementation of our famous Class A circuit topology found in the VOXBOX® and Manley Dual Mono & Mono Microphone Preamplifiers. This all-triode vacuum tube circuit runs on a regulated 300 Volt B+ supply yielding huge headroom and relentless output drive capability.
FRONT PANEL CONTROLS:
- 48V Phantom power switch
- 120Hz High Pass Filter switch
- Phase Invert switch
- Input Attenuator (Variable Pad)
- Mic Pre Selectable Gain 40dB or 60dB
- Line Amp Selectable Gain 20dB or 40dB
1/4" DIRECT INPUT
Similar to the DI in the Manley SLAM!®, this all-discrete solid-state circuit with 10 Meg Ohm input impedance is perfect for guitars, bass, keyboards, etc.
- Featuring our successful ELOP® technology also found in our famous Manley VOXBOX®
- Compressor is uniquely before the Mic Preamp making it virtually impossible to clip
- Ratio 3:1
- Continuously variable Attack, Release, and Threshold controls
- Silent Bypass switch
- Low and High Baxandall Shelves (80Hz and 12kHz) with ±12dB range
- Sweepable Midrange Bell EQ (100Hz – 1kHz) or (1kHz – 10kHz) with ±10dB range
Sweepable MID EQ curves
Gentle Shelf EQ
- Fast attack FET “brickwall” limiter
- Continuously Variable Threshold and Release controls
- Peak Limit LED indicator
- 10dB range output gain control
Limiter Reduction Curves
- Large illuminated analog display
- 3-way meter-select switch shows Compressor Gain Reduction, Micpre Output Level, and Main Output audio levels.
INPUTS AND OUTPUTS
- Balanced XLR Mic Input
- Balanced XLR Line Input
- Front Panel Direct Instrument 1/4" Input
- Insert point between Mic Preamp and EQ/Limiter via ¼” TRS jack
- Balanced XLR Direct Output (after Preamp/Compressor section)
- Balanced XLR Main Output
Deluxe CNC-machined 1/4" thick faceplate with inlaid laser-engraved inserts adorn the rigid 2U steel chassis – all locally sourced in Southern California.
Features and Specifications
- ALL-TUBE preamplifier audio path using 1 x 12AX7WA for gain and 1 x 6922 White Follower
- Balanced Transformer Coupled XLR Microphone Input Impedance: 1250 Ohms
- Balanced XLR Line Input Impedance: 10 kOhms
- Unbalanced 1/4" Direct Input Impedance: 10 Meg Ohm
- Hi-current drive Direct Output Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Silent conductive plastic INPUT attenuator
- Compressor Maximum GAIN REDUCTION: 16 dB
- Compressor ATTACK time:
60ms slowest CCW, 30ms at 12:00, 5ms fastest CW for 6dB compression
- Compressor RELEASE time:
1.5s slowest CCW, 1s at 12:00, 100ms fastest CW from 6dB compression
- Limiter ATTACK time: 155μs
- Limiter RELEASE time:
300 ms slowest CCW, 150 ms at 12:00, 2.3 ms fastest CW
- Maximum Input Mic input (Low Gain Setting): -5 dBu or 435mV RMS @ 0.5% THD
- Maximum Input Mic input (High Gain Setting): -25 dBu or 44mV RMS @ 0.5% THD
- Maximum Input Line input (Low Gain Setting): +13 dBu or 3.5V RMS @ 0.5% THD
- Maximum Input Line input (High Gain Setting): -8 dBu or 300mV RMS @ 0.5% THD
- Maximum Input Direct input (Low Gain Setting): +24 dBu or 12V RMS @ 0.5% THD
- Maximum Input Direct input (High Gain Setting): +17 dBu or 5.5V RMS @ 0.5% THD
- Maximum Input Insert return: +20 dBu or 7.8V RMS @ 0.5% THD
- Maximum Preamp Output (Insert Send): +35 dBu or 43V RMS @ 0.5% THD
- Maximum Preamp Output (Insert Send): +22 dBu into 600 Ohms
- Maximum Main Output: +20 dBu
- Insert Send output impedance: 50 Ohms
- Insert Return input impedance: 13 kOhms
- Main Output Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Direct Output Headroom (referenced to +4 dBu): 31 dB
- Main Output Headroom (referenced to +4 dBu): 16 dB
- Dynamic Range: >90 dB
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 75 kHz -0.15dB, -0.5 dB
- Large LED illuminated VU METER
- Meters switch to read Direct Output (1) from preamp, Output (2) from Main Out, or Compressor Gain Reduction
- THD & Noise (1kHz @ +4 dBm): 0.02% at Low Gain setting
- Noise Floor Micpre (A WGT): - 84dB @ LOW GAIN, -64dB HI GAIN
- EIN (A WGT): -124dB with 150 Ohm source impedance
- Gain via Microphone Input: 40 LOW or 60 dB HI GAIN
- Gain via Line Input: 20 or 40dB
- Maximum Gain of EQ & Limiter section: 10 dB
- Noise Floor Insert Return to OP2: - 90dBu BW: 22Hz - 22kHz
- AUTOMUTE warmup delay: 30 seconds
- Power consumption: 35 Watts
- Operating mains voltage: 90 to 254 VAC (internal universal supply)
- Mains Voltage Frequency: 50~60Hz
- Dimensions: 19" x 3 1/2" x 7" (occupies 2u)
- Unit weight: 8.3 lbs.
- Shipping weight: 11.5 lbs.
|Two Separate Dynamic Processors:
||5ms to 60ms
||10ms to 1.5s
||2.3ms to 300ms
|Mains Voltage and Frequency
||90 to 250 VAC
||19" x 3.5" x 7"
Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price
Tips 'n' Tricks!
Think of the INPUT LEVEL control more like a Variable Input Pad. Always start with the CORE in LOW GAIN setting with the Input Level control all the way up. If the signal level is too high, roll back the INPUT control to pad down the input. If you don't have enough gain with the Input Level control all the way up, then go to the HIGH GAIN setting.
What you don't want to do is have the unit in HIGH GAIN with the input pad barely cracked open. That will bring the worst signal to noise ratio condition.
Try not to throw away your level on the INPUT control. Work with it as far up as you can, as a general rule.
CORE® is a registered trademark of Manley Laboratories, Inc.
ELOP® is a registered trademark of Manley Laboratories, Inc.
VOXBOX® is a registered trademark of Manley Laboratories, Inc.